High-performance cars are a lot of fun to own and drive, but they can also be a lot of work. These monster machines require a lot of time, money, and effort to maintain. If you want to have a great time while on the road, you’ll need to be in a badass machine.
Think about a Prerunner or even a Trophy Truck. They are, for a lot of people, money pits. It is very easy to upgrade one part, and then you may find you only need one more part to really have the truck you need! In this article, we are talking about the best off road exhaust system.
Pro tip: With your truck, you are always just one upgrade away from the perfect truck!
The exhaust system is one of the most important components of a vehicle. If you are looking for a car that can take you to the mountains or the city, you need to make sure that your exhaust system is what you need.
Check out all of the available options before you choose the one that’s right for you. The exhaust system plays a big role in the overall performance of your car, so make sure you understand what you want from an upgraded exhaust system so you can get the right one the first time.
So, what is the best off road exhaust system? Read on so you can decide which is the right one for you and why it is best.
Should I Upgrade My Exhaust System For Offroading?
The stock exhaust system on your vehicle is limiting your vehicle’s performance, so it’s a great idea to upgrade to a more powerful exhaust system. If you’re looking to improve the performance of your vehicle, you should consider upgrading to a high-performance exhaust system.
Your vehicle’s performance will be improved when you upgrade to a high-performance exhaust system. You will also notice a significant improvement in fuel economy when you upgrade to a high-performance exhaust system.
The main considerations people make when they are looking for an aftermarket off road exhaust system are the following:
A snorkel is a device that allows stale air to escape from the engine, while fresh air is brought in through the snorkel. The snorkel should not be left unguarded, as it can lead to a build-up of fuel and oil in the engine. The larger the diameter of the snorkel, the better it is for engine performance.
Noise is not the same thing as performance, so don’t make the mistake of thinking it is. The exhaust system you choose has a lot to do with how your car sounds. If you have a well-maintained exhaust system, your car will run better and be more enjoyable to drive. A well-maintained exhaust system will improve the performance of your car.
Exhaust manifolds with larger diameter pipes are more efficient than smaller pipes because they allow more air to flow through them. This means that your vehicle’s engine will run more efficiently, and you’ll be able to save on fuel costs. The exhaust gases from your vehicle’s turbocharger will be less likely to cause a problem when you are towing your vehicle up a steep incline.
Most third-party exhaust systems come with all of the parts you need to put on your vehicle. However, if you don’t have the right tools, you may need to do some of the work yourself. If you’re not confident in your skills, consider hiring a professional to do the job for you.
There are lots of choices available to you, but it’s going to be difficult to find the right one for your vehicle. The best thing to do is to go with a bitumen-based vehicle, as it is the best for off-roading. You could also go for a vehicle that has a high-grade stainless steel body.
1. MagnaFlow Exhaust System
MagnaFlow exhaust systems are available in standard, XL, and Pro (entry-level) sizes. MagnaFlow exhausts are designed only to enhance the performance of your vehicle’s engine. MagnaFlow exhausts are made of high-quality 304 stainless steel tubing, which makes them very durable. A MagnaFlow exhaust can also be used with gas and diesel cars. Here are some highlights:
- Lower heat, higher exhaust scavenging, and minimized backpressure to provide greater power and efficiency
- Leak-free and high-quality overlapped welds
- Bolt-on installation with no need for specialized tools
- All models come with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty
The higher-end models come with high-quality mufflers with double-walled welded tips and satin finishes. They are finished more for looks. When they are covered in mud you won’t be able to tell the difference.
Heartthrob exhausts are easy and simple to customize. It is a complete exhaust system that starts from the exhaust manifolds to the muffler tips and each piece is customizable. If you live in a state that requires a catalytic converter you may not be able to take advantage of all the custom options of this kit.
Their website has dyno tests for some cars. For example, they tested a 2008 Dodge Challenger and it got a 48 BHP increase. Wow. The Heartthrob exhaust systems include:
- Aluminised or T409 stainless steel construction
- Your choice of muffler style or muffler delete if you hate your neighbors.
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Heartthrob exhausts use your existing exhaust mounting points.
- The installation process is simple, no frame or bodywork is required and you need no special tools.
They are only available on their website that hasn’t been updated since Bush was in office.
For those people who want an off road exhaust that offers more performance and less sound change, the MBRP exhaust system may be just what you are looking for. The MBRP Catback exhaust system is very easy to set up and use. It is a simple bolt-on exhaust. Its all 304 stainless steel, 4-inch tubing, carbon fiber tip options, and most models are priced pretty cheaply for what you get:
- The Pro Series is also available in a variety of colors and is made from T-304 stainless steel. This is more of an entry-level range.
- The XP series is made of 409 stainless steel and comes with a stainless steel tip. Lifetime warranty for this top of the line model.
- This model is made of 16-gauge steel and comes with polished single-wall tips.
- Performance series has 3-inch models are made of aluminum, which cuts the cost and weight in half just about. They don’t include exhaust tips.
MBRP offers quite a bit of exhaust systems. They are a solid brand that should always be considered. They have a Black Matte Series that is more of an off road exhaust system that is pretty loud and durable compared to other models.
4. PaceSetter Monza Exhaust System
The Pacesetter is a black chrome single exhaust system that has chrome tips with a strange-looking yellow ring. I am not sure what the hell that is about but it is an immediate turn off to me. It is made of 16 gauge aluminum 3-inch tubes.
- Black finished aluminum prevents corrosion
- Mufflers are matched to your specific vehicle to lessen back pressure
- 3-year warranty
- Simple bolt-on installation using existing mounting locations and no special tools needed
- Made in the USA
Some people complain of excessive drone at highway speeds with this exhaust. The look is polarizing but for some it is great. The aluminum is somewhat concerning but for the price, a lot of people may look past it.
Borla exhausts offer a lot of customization. If you have a wacky style, you will be able to do some crazy stuff with a Borla. They offer exhaust for pretty much any car or truck with 304 stainless steel, and a great warranty. To get one of these you will pay a premium, but remember you will be getting what you pay for:
- Any configuration, size, and material(stainless steel or aluminum) offered.
- No warranty void
- Best warranty in the industry
- No drone
- Some of the best performance and sound upgrades available
They offer a lot of different styles too so if you need certain sections a Borla is a great place to start. They sound pretty beasty too. They may be one of the best off road exhaust systems and they price their exhausts that way too.
6. Corsa Exhaust System
The Xtreme series of exhausts are designed for those who demand the very best in sound quality and performance. The Xtreme series features a mandrel-bent stainless steel exhaust system that allows for better flow and reduced backpressure. This will result in an increase in horsepower and a decrease in fuel consumption.
- Power-Pulse RSCT technology eliminates annoying drone noise
- XO pipes and down pipes can be installed
- Diamond black exhaust tips available
- Lifetime warranty
- A lack of muffler insulation in the chambers can potentially restrict power/airflow;
Corsa has three configurations each with different levels of sound manliness:
- Xtreme offers the most aggressive growl
- The Sport is slightly tamer than the Xtreme
- Touring is more performance-based with a less aggressive sound
7. Banks Power Exhaust System
Banks Power exhaust systems are designed to enhance the performance and efficiency of your diesel engine. Our exhaust systems are built with the highest quality materials and components to provide you with the best possible sound and performance.
By installing a Banks Power exhaust system, you will notice a significant improvement in the performance of your engine. By installing a Banks Power exhaust system, you will notice a significant improvement in the performance of your engine.
By installing a Banks Power exhaust system, you will notice a significant improvement in the performance of. The best part about this product is that it comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- MonsterPowerPack Torque Tube System is a great way to improve the power of your vehicle
- It is designed to cool and condense the air in your engine
- Can deliver gains of +120 HP and +256 LB-FT of torque.
- The manifold is made of 409 stainless steel
- Precision-ported and machined flange
- The self-aligning seal is not be compressed and will always be in the correct position
9. RBP Exhaust System (Turbo Charged Engines)
If you’re looking for an off road exhaust system for your turbocharged vehicle, look no further than RBP. Their products are top-notch, and they offer them at a very reasonable price.
Cat-Back DPF Back Exhaust systems are designed to be installed behind the catalytic converter. The RBP Catback exhaust is a high-performance exhaust system that is designed to increase horsepower, torque, and fuel economy.
The RBP Turbo Back Exhaust System is made of 304 stainless steel. The RBP turbo-back exhaust system is designed to reduce the amount of heat generated by the turbocharger.
- Easy Installation, no special tools needed
- Installation does not void the car maker’s warranty
10. Skunk2 Megapower Exhaust System
The Skunk2 Megapower is a great addition to any 4×4. It features a T-304 stainless steel exhaust system with a Japanese inspired look. By improving the flow of air from your engine exhaust, you will see a significant increase in horsepower.
If your truck has a stock exhaust, you can rest assured that the Skunk2 will make sure that it is strong enough to last for many years to come. The complete exhaust system includes:
- CNC mandrel-bent tubing to maximize flow
- Removable silencer and a polished 110mm tip
- Low air restriction design
- Complete 304 stainless-steel construction
- Acid-etched nameplate and badge
Upgrading your exhaust can be a fun job. It takes an afternoon to install and the before and after changes are drastic! You will constantly be revving your engine at every red light. You will find yourself making excuses to drive more.
You will be able to do it without breaking the bank either. If you want a mid-tier upgrade or if you go all out for the best off road exhaust system it will be fun and memorable.
When you do pull the trigger make sure you are confident in making the right choice. Off road exhausts can cost from a few hundred bucks to well over a grand. They are an investment. But they will always give you a great-sounding ride with some of them saving you gas and giving you more power! And that is what this is all about, right?